Friday, March 14, 2008

1 Wall Street, 49th Floor

I had to stop myself from uploading more photos; there are more. This is the Bank of New York Mellon building. It's kind of unbelievable that they started building this at the beginning of the depression in '29, to me.

Towards Jersey.

M'kay.



That's 49 stories down.


Quite erotic, if you ask me, and a fine coat rack indeed.

This is the private bank on the first floor. Private meaning you can't enter unless you have a radio flyer full of cash. The red tile walls are pretty nuts. "The artist Hildreth Meière coordinated the installation of the mosaics, which were made by Ravenna Mosaics in Berlin and Long Island City."
The ceilings in this room are about 30' high and are clad, I shit you not, in Indonesian sea shells. This is the seven diamond hooker of board rooms.

Oragami?


I think these could possibly be the original furnishings from '31, less the exit signs. That green marble mantle-thing is more green in person.


Looking less like a hole and I wish I had zoomed in on the Deutsche Bank Tower's roof; looked interesting.


The habah.

No comments: